The Chart Scoop | Taylor Swift Continues Chart-Topping ‘Reputation’
What’s ‘The Chart Scoop’ this week? On the Billboard 200, Taylor Swift continues her reign, while Post Malone & 21 Savage do the same on the Hot 100.
Below are some takeaways from the Billboard 200 albums chart, as well as he Billboard Hot 100 songs chart, dated December 16, 2017.
Billboard 200 Takeaways
- For a third consecutive week, Taylor Swift is the ‘queen’ of the Billboard 200 with Reputation. Reputation moved 147,000 units, down from 256,000 units moved the previous week.
- Pentatonix ascends from no. 5 to no. 2 with A Pentatonix Christmas. Previous Christmas album, That’s Christmas to Me, also experiences a boost from no. 33 to no. 16.
- Garth Brooks remains at no. 4 with The Anthology: Part I, The First Five Years. Notably, the set performs better in its second week.
- Michael Bublé sees Christmas ascend 14 spots from no. 23 to no. 9.
- Fabolous & Jadakiss debut at no. 10 with mixtape Friday on Elm Street, moving 33,000 units.
- Kodak Black sees Project Baby Two ascend 31 spots from no. 43 to no. 12, following the release of a deluxe version.
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill take an 18-spot tumble with their collaborative album, The Rest of Our Life. The Rest of Our Life dips from no. 2 to no. 20.
- Lindsey Stirling and Gwen Stefani are among artists experiencing boosts with holiday efforts. Warmer in the Winter ascends from no. 40 to no. 22, while You Make It Feel Like Christmas ascends from no. 44 to no. 23.
- Hopsin debuts quietly at no. 42 with No Shame.
- blackbear debuts modestly at no. 47 with mixtape, cybersex.
- BTS get a sizable boost as Love Yourself: Her ascends from no. 198 to no. 50.
- Jaden Smith sees SYRE dip 28 spots in its second week on the charts (slips from no. 24 to no. 52).
- Despite the ascent of most holiday efforts, Sia sees Everday is Christmas fall from no. 27 to no. 68, its second week on the chart.
- Björk launches at no. 75 with Utopia.
- Bob Seger sees I Knew You When slip from no. 25 to no. 77.
Billboard Hot 100 Takeaways
- Post Malone spends an eighth week at no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “Rockstar,” featuring 21 Savage.
- Ed Sheeran sees “Perfect” ascend into the top 3 (rises from no. 5 to no. 3).
- G-Eazy ascends into the top 10 with “No Limit” featuring A$AP Rocky & Cardi B (rises from no. 11 to no. 8).
- Halsey rises three spots from no. 14 to no. 11 with “Bad at Love.”
- Dua Lipa continues her ascent with the infectious “New Rules,” rising from no. 18 to no. 15.
- BTS debuts on the Hot 100 with “MIC Drop” featuring Desiigner at no. 28.
- NF has a hit on his hands with “Let You Down,” which ascends 19 spots from no. 48 to no. 29.
- Calvin Harris sees “Faking It,” featuring Kehlani & Lil Yachty, ascend six spots from no. 100 to no. 94.
Photo Credit: Big Machine