Hot 100 Jewels: The Weeknd Ascends to No. 3
The Chainsmokers remain the biggest story on the Billboard Hot 100. “Closer” (ft. Halsey) spends its seventh week at no. 1. Right behind it – as has been the case for several weeks – is Twenty One Pilots’ “Heathens.” So, with the top two spots unchanged, The Weeknd earns the headline as “Starboy” ascends to no. 3. Beyond the top three spots, there’s more chart stories on the Hot 100 dated October 15, 2016.
- The Chainsmokers (“Closer”) retain the no. 1 spot on the Hot 100 for the seventh consecutive week. The Chainsmokers and Halsey are doing big things.
- The no. 1 spot continues to elude Twenty One Pilots. “Heathens” continues to settle for the runner-up spot.
- The Weeknd sees his new single “Starboy” (ft. Daft Punk) fly up the charts from no. 40 to no. 3. Seems the Weeknd can truly back up being a “motherf*ckin’ star boy.”
- D.R.A.M.’s “Broccoli” doesn’t move out of its peak position at no. 8, but sees gains in performance nonetheless.
- gnash sees “I Hate U I Love U” (ft. Olivia O’Brien) jump into the top-15 of the Hot 100. The record ascends from no. 19 to no. 13.
- Despite slipping one spot, Ariana Grande sees “Side To Side” (ft. Nicki Minaj) gain in performance.
- Hailee Steinfield & Grey break into the top 25 with “Starving” (ft. Zedd). “Starving” rises from no. 31 to no. 24.
- After building some momentum, Kungs vs Cookin’ On 3 dips three spots with single, “This Girl” (no. 26 to no. 29).
- Young M.A. continues to build momentum as “OOOUUU” ascends from no. 52 to no. 36.
- Rob $tone continues to see “Chill Bill” (ft. J. Davi$ & Spooks) rise up the charts. The weed-loving single rises three spots from no. 43 to no. 40.
- Rae Sremmurd seems to have another hit on their hands. “Black Beatles” jumps 26 spots from no. 77 to no. 41.
- Billy Currington has taken country radio by storm! “It Don’t Hurt Like It Used To” improves nine spots this week from no. 53 to no. 44.
- Amine ascends up the charts with “Caroline,” which rises from no. 65 to new peak no. 52.
- Keith Urban continues to enjoy chart success with “Blue Ain’t Your Color,” which improves from no. 60 to no. 53.
- Lady Gaga continues to lose support on “Perfect Illusion,” which dips from no. 42 to no. 59 in its third charting week.
- William Michael Morgan experiences success with single “I Met A Girl,” which ascends from no. 67 to no 60 in its sixth charting week. Morgan’s album, Vinyl, is on sale currently pretty inexpensively.
- Luke Bryan makes a “Move” at no. 61 as his single ascends ten spots.
- Niall Horan sees “This Town” debut at no. 63. “This Town” created quite a buzz upon its release…at least among the tweens.
- Long after its release, contemporary R&B singer Kehlani sees “CRZY” debut on the Hot 100 at no. 95.
- Justin Young takes a tumble as “You Look Like I Need A Drink” slips from no. 80 to no. 99.
Photo Credit: Republic