Hot 100 Jewels: Harry Styles Launches at No. 4
Trapped behind Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and Kendrick Lamar, Harry Styles launches at no. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “Sign of the Times.”
The top of the Billboard Hot 100 is the same for a 12th week. Ed Sheeran is simply unstoppable with “Shape of You.” Bruno Mars is also in on the action, as “That’s What I Like” moves back to familiar territory at no. 2. As for last week’s no. 2, “Humble,” courtesy of Kendrick Lamar, it slips just one spot to no. 3. Harry Styles, hence, couldn’t beat any of the aforementioned. He debuts robustly, nonetheless, at no. 4 with “Sign of the Times.” April 29, 2017 is a jam-packed edition of the Billboard Hot 100 to say the least.
- No one can beat Ed Sheeran. “Shape of You” spends its 12th nonconsecutive week atop the Billboard Hot 100.
- Bruno Mars wouldn’t be held down for long. After slipping to no. 3 last week, “That’s What I Like” returns to its peak position, no. 2.
- Kendrick Lamar suffered a minor setback this week. “Humble” slips from no. 2 to no. 3.
- Harry Styles, the star of this article, debuts robustly at no. 4 with “Sign of the Times.”
- Future enters the top 10 with “Mask Off” (ascends from no. 11 to no. 7).
- Lil Uzi Vert jumps into the top 10 with “XO TOUR Llif3.” Man, what a title. Regardless, “XO” ascends from no. 16 to no. 8.
- Julia Michaels vaults 10 spots with her up-and-coming single “Issues” (rises from no. 22 to no. 12).
- Post Malone enters the top 20 for the first time. “Congratulations,” featuring Quavo, rises from no. 25 to no. 19.
- Ayo & Teo continues to rise with “Rolex,” ascending form no. 39 to no. 32.
- Jason Derulo has another hit on his hands with “Swalla,” featuring Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign. “Swalla” ascends from no. 52 to no. 42 in its fourth charting week.
- Halsey debuts at no. 50 with “Now or Never,” the promo single from her sophomore album, hopeless fountain kingdom.
- Russ sees “Losin Control” rise from no. 79 to no. 63 in its third charting week.
- French Montana sees “Unforgettable,” featuring Swae Lee, debut at no. 74.
- A Boogie Wit da Hood is on the rise with single “Drowning,” featuring Kodak Black, which ascends from no. 94 to no. 75.
- Flo Rida & 99 Percent takes “Cake” to a no. 89 start on the Hot 100.