Hot 100 Jewels: Ed Sheeran Still Tops, Drake Dominates
Ed Sheeran remains the one to beat on the Billboard Hot 100. “The Shape of You” spends a 9th week at no. 1. Drake sees many songs chart from ‘More Life.’
Beyond Sheeran and Drake, there are a number of compelling chart stories from the Billboard 200 dated April 8, 2017.
- Ed Sheeran continues to be a “force to be reckoned with.” “The Shape of You” remains no. 1 on the Hot 100.
- Once again, Bruno Mars finds himself stuck behind Ed Sheeran. “That’s What I Like” still looks like it’s on its way to reach no. 1, eventually.
- Drake sees multiple songs debut on the Billboard Hot 100. The two top-10 debuts from Drake are “Passionfruit” (no. 8) and “Portland” featuring Travis Scott (no. 9). The question is, how did “Free Smoke” only muster up a no. 15 debut?
- Zedd & Alessia Cara are on the rise with “Stay,” which ascends from no. 27 to no. 21 this week.
- Maroon 5 slips this week as “Cold” (featuring Future) slides from no. 16 to no. 31.
- Khalid continues to gain momentum with “Location” (moves up from no. 35 to no. 32).
- Lorde continues a downward slide as “Green Light” drops from no. 39 to no. 65.
- Machine Gun Kelly debuts at no. 88 with “At My Best,” featuring Hailee Steinfeld.
- Rick Ross debuts at no. 97 with hard-hitting banger, “Trap Trap Trap.” Young Thug and Wale assist Ross on the joint.
- Jason Derulo takes “Swalla” – assisted by Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign – to a no. 98 bow on the Hot 100.
Photo Credit: Cash Money