Hot 100 Jewels: Ed Sheeran Won’t Budge from No. 1
Ed Sheeran remains the one to beat on the Billboard Hot 100 as “Shape of You” spends its 10th week at no. 1.
Beyond Ed, Bruno Mars continues to carve a path to the no. 1 spot with “That’s What I Like,” which remains firmly planted – with a bullet – at no. 2. While Ed and Bruno are the big tales of the Billboard Hot 100, there are more takeaways on from the chart, dated April 15, 2017.
- Ed Sheeran spends a 10th week at no. 1 on the Hot 100 with “Shape of You.”
- Bruno Mars can’t get past Ed Sheeran. “That’s What I Like” earns biggest gain in airplay honors, but remains stuck at no. 2.
- The Chainsmokers sees “Something Just Like This” (featuring Coldplay) ascend from no. 7 to no. 3.
- KYLE is on the rise with “iSpy” (featuring Lil Yachty) which ascends from no. 12 to no. 5.
- Many Drake songs take a tumble as More Life loses support in its second week on the Billboard 200. “Passionfruit” only stumbles a bit – no. 10 to no. 8.
- Sam Hunt ascends from no. 16 to no. 12 with “Body Like a Back Road.”
- Katy Perry and Skip Marley are on the up and up with “Chained to the Rhythm” (rises from no. 19 to no. 13).
- Zedd and Alessia Cara move up four spots from no. 21 to no. 17 with “Stay.” No. 17 marks a new peak position for the single.
- Kendrick Lamar bows at no. 22 with “The Heart Part 4.”
- Khalid breaks through into the top 25 with “Location” (rises from no. 32 to no. 24).
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill see “Speak to a Girl” debut at no. 61.
- ZAYN takes “Still Got Time” (featuring PARTYNEXTDOOR) to a no. 66 bow.
- Laura Alaina is on the rise with “Road Less Traveled,” which ascends from no. 87 to no. 69.
Photo Credit: Atlantic