Hot 100 Jewels: D.R.A.M. Enters Top 10
It should be noted that The Chainsmokers sit atop the Billboard Hot 100 for a sixth consecutive week. Beyond the expected, the most notable move of the Hot 100 is the rise of newcomer D.R.A.M. The rapper’s infectious “Broccoli” breaks into the top 10 this week – great for a debut single. Beyond the Chainsmokers and D.R.A.M., there are other notable stories on the Hot 100 chart dated October 8, 2016.
- The Chainsmokers (ft. Halsey) don’t budge from the no. 1 spot. “Closer” is still going strong.
- Not for lack of effort, Twenty One Pilots still can’t get over the hump that is no. 2. “Heathens” remains in the runner-up position.
- DJ Snake & Justin Bieber move up the ranks as “Let Me Love You” enters the top five (no. 4).
- Shawn Mendes moves up this week as “Treat You Better” just misses the top five at no. 6. This marks the highest peak position for the single.
- D.R.A.M. brings the “Broccoli” (ft. Lil Yachty) to the top 10. The infectious joint has nothing to do with the vegetable, unless broccoli and weed are synonymous.
- Charlie Puth moves up the ranks once more as “We Don’t Talk Anymore” (ft. Selena Gomez) reaches the no. 9 spot.
- gnash breaks into the top 20 with “I Hate U I Love U” ft. Olivia O’Brien (no. 23 to no. 19).
- “Forever Country” debuts at no. 21, featuring artists of then and artists of now.
- Calvin Harris’ newest single, “My Way” starts at no. 24.
- Kungs vs Cookin’ On 3 Burners continues to see “This Girl” rise up the charts (no. 31 to no. 26).
- The Weeknd returns with the help of Daft Punk on single “Starboy,” which begins at no. 40. Likely, the single should climb up the Hot 100 ranks.
- Lady Gaga sees “Perfect Illusion” free fall from no. 15 to no. 42.
- Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha break into the top 50 with “In The Name of Love” (no. 51 to no. 49).
- Young M.A. is on the rise with single “OOOUUU,” which jumps 15 spots from no. 67 to no. 52.
- Keith Urban has a potential hit on his hand with “Blue Ain’t Your Color,” which jumps from no. 73 to no. 60.
- Lil Yachty is on the rise with “1 Night” (no. 83 to no. 70).
- Luke Bryan is on the move with single, “Move” (no. 80 to no. 71).
- Florida Georgia Line enlisted the help of Tim McGraw on “May We All,” which rises from no. 86 to no. 74 this week.
- Rae Sremmurd improve 19 spots with “Black Beatles” ft. Gucci Mane (no. 96 to no. 77).
- Twenty One Pilots’ cover of My Chemical Romance hit “Cancer” debuts at no. 91 on the Hot 100.
Photo Credits: #1EpicCheck LLC / EMPIRE