Pros & Cons | Demi Lovato
Pros & Cons profiles the best and worst qualities of today’s musicians. Pros & Cons is simultaneously objective and subjective.
Pop star Demi Lovato is an extremely talented vocalist. She’s not the most popular pop musician by any means, but she definitely deserves more recognition than she receives. As superb as her instrument is, she has more trouble with her actions. Lovato is quite outspoken – she’s unafraid to share her stance or go after other pop stars. This fearlessness is definitely both a pro and a con. That considered, there are numerous pros and cons when it comes to Demi.
- She can sing her [bleep] off. She has a mad set of pipes.
- All five of Lovato’s albums have been certified gold by the RIAA. (Don’t Forget, Unbroken, Here We Go Again, Demi, and Confident).
- She’s earned various platinum and multi-platinum singles, including double-platinum single “Heart Attack” (Demi).
- Lovato made “made us say damn” a lot in 2016. That’s being “Confident” right there!
- In 2015, she had us all “Cool for the Summer.” “Stone Cold” too.
- She’s close friends with pop star Nick Jonas. They toured together in the summer of 2016.
- Speaking of Jonas, she did Carpool Karaoke with him on The Late, Late Show with James Corden.
- She masterfully imitated pop stars on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, most notably Christina Aguilera.
- She gave a speech referencing mental health issues at the 2016 Democratic National convention.
- She covered Prince classic “Purple Rain” during a 4th of July celebration with the Boston Pops.
- She had some tough criticism of Taylor Swift in regards to her actions regarding the Kesha-Dr. Luke court battle.
- She holds wellness workshops for her fans.
- She’s open-minded in regards to sexuality. This, of course, is subjective.
- She affirmed her support for the LGBTQ community following the Orlando nightclub shooting.
- She canceled the gigs from her tour that were scheduled to take place in North Carolina over the Anti-LGBT Law.