Music Shopping List: Fifty Shades Darker Soundtrack the Main Attractions
The Fifty Shades Darker Soundtrack leads the charge of new music releases arriving Friday, February 10, 2017.
2017 continues to be a slow year for blockbuster new releases. The second week in February proves no differently. The most highly anticipated release is certainly the original motion picture soundtrack accompanying the risqué Fifty Shades Darker film. Beyond that, look to a debut album courtesy of country musician Brett Young, and an under-the-radar album courtesy of Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco.
Fifty Shades is back! This time, it’s the second book being turned into a film, Fifty Shades Darker. The soundtrack arrives featuring performances from ZAYN, Taylor Swift, Halsey, Tove Lo, and John Legend among others. Two singles arrived prior to the album: “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)” and “Not Afraid Anymore.”
- Tracks: 19
- Featured Artists: ZAYN, Taylor Swift, Halsey, Tove Lo, John Legend, etc.
- Singles: “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)” & “Not Afraid Anymore”
Ah, there is an up-and-coming country singer in the midst! After releasing an EP back in 2016, Brett Young drops his debut album, simply titled Brett Young. Given the reprisal of songs from his EP, six songs were available prior to the album. Among those six was opener and hit single, “Sleep Without You.”
- Tracks: 12
- Singles: “Sleep Without You,” “Like I Loved You,” “In Case You Didn’t Know,” “Left Side of Leavin’,” “You Ain’t Here to Kiss Me,” & “Beautiful Believer”
[1st & 15th]
Lupe Fiasco has always been something of an underappreciated artist. Regardless, the alternative rapper has had his share of commercial success. DROGAS Light serves as the follow up to his 2015 album, Tetsuo & Youth, which debuted in the top 15. Ahead of DROGAS Light, five singles were issued: “Made in the USA,” “Jump,” “Tranquillo,” “Pick Up the Phone,” and “Wild Child.”
- Tracks: 14
- Featured Guests: Ty Dolla $ign, Bianca Sings, Gizzle, Rondo, Simon Sayz, Rick Ross, Big K.R.I.T., Victoria Monet, Salim, Jake Torrey & Rxmn
- Singles: “Made in the USA,” “Jump,” “Tranquillo,” “Pick Up the Phone,” & “Wild Child.”
Alternative band Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness returns with their sophomore album, Zombies on Broadway. Zombies arrives more than two years after their self-titled debut. Five singles arrived ahead of the album: “Brooklyn, You’re Killing Me,” “So Close,” “Don’t Speak for Me (True),” “Fire Escape,” and “Walking in My Sleep.”
- Tracks: 11
- Singles: “Brooklyn, You’re Killing Me,” “So Close,” “Don’t Speak for Me (True),” “Fire Escape” & “Walking in My Sleep.”
Former teen-pop heartthrob Aaron Carter makes a comeback with his four-track EP, LøVë. Carter last released an album in 2002 (Another Earthquake!).
- Tracks: 4
- Singles: “Fool’s Gold” & “Sooner or Later”
Also Released: Michael Bolton, Songs of Cinema [Frontiers]; Rag’n’Bone Man, Human [Sony UK]; Hollyn, One-Way Conversations [Gotee]; Heffron Drive, The Slow Motion EP [TOLbooth]
Photo Credits: Republic, Big Machine, 1st & 15th, Vanguard, Sony