BB Grooves: Gwen Stefani Tops The Billboard 200
The Billboard 200, dated April 9, 2016, was indeed a modest one. The top album, courtesy of Gwen Stefani, only yielded so-so numbers. There’s little hope when the album at the top is only so-so. Here are the highlights from the latest Billboard 200 nonetheless!
1. Gwen Stefani earns her first no. 1 album as a solo artist with This Is What The Truth Feels Like.
2. The Voice winner Jordan Smith debuts at no. 2 with his debut album, Something Beautiful.
3. The Passion: New Orleans, Music From the Television Event debuts at no. 8 on the Billboard 200.
4. Kane Brown is the final new debut in the top 10 of the Billboard 200. Chapter 1 (EP) lands at no. 9.
5. Joey + Rory continue to remain planted in the top 10 as Hymns slips from no. 4 to no. 10 in its sixth week on the charts.
6. Kendrick Lamar’s Untitled Unmastered slips from no. 5 to no. 16 in its third week on the charts.
7. Iggy Pop’s Post Pop Depression enters the charts at no. 17.
8. Jaheim’s Struggle Love becomes on the second album by the R&B artist to miss the top 10. In fact, Struggle Love misses the top 20, settling for a so-so no. 24 start. Yep, the ‘struggle’ is real.
9. Mike Posner’s The Truth sees a new peak on the Billboard 200, ascending from no. 39 to no. 34.
10. Sia sees her latest album This Is Acting ascend 18 spots from no. 54 to no. 36.
11. Country/Americana compilation Southern Family debuts quietly at no. 37.
12. Niykee Heaton’s The Bedroom Tour Playlist lands at no. 39.
13. Bobby Bones And The Raging Idiots’ The Critics Give It 5 Stars debuts at no. 41.
14. 2 Chainz’s ColleGrove slips from no. 29 to no. 50 in its third week on the charts.
15. Shinedown’s Threat To Survival ascends 63 spots from no. 121 to no. 58.
16. The 1975’s I Like It When You Sleep… free falls from no. 34 to no. 63 in only its fourth week on the charts.
17. Killswitch Engage has an awful second week. Incarnate drops 64 spots from no. 6 to no. 70.
18. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis continue to underperform. This Unruly Mess I’ve Made slides 15 spots from no. 65 to no. 80 in only week four.
19. Week two certainly doesn’t go as planned for 3 Doors Down. Us And The Night plummets from no. 14 to no. 84 – a 70 spot drop!
20. Bonnie Raitt sees Dig In Deep slip 26 spots from no. 64 to no. 90.
21. Granger Smith joins the rest of the artists having a bad week. Remington falls 37 spots from no. 59 to no. 96.
22. Loretta Lynn’s comeback seems short-lived as Full Circle sits at no. 103 just three weeks in.
23. Country newcomer Cam sees her Untamed rebound 82 spots from no. 187 to no. 105.
24. After scoring a top 10 debut last week, Flatbush Zombies sees 3001: A Laced Odyssey plummet 113 spots to no. 123.
25. Underworld’s Barbara Barbara We Face A Shining Future debuts at no. 200.