Hot 100 Jewels: Ed Sheeran Spends Sixth Week at No. 1
Ed Sheeran spends a sixth nonconsecutive week at no. 1 with “Shape of You.” Bruno Mars is on the rise with “That’s What I Like.”
Ed Sheeran is unstoppable. “Shape of You” spends a sixth nonconsecutive week at no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. He’s got competition, though. Bruno Mars didn’t move up in chart position this week, but “That’s What I Like” is off to a great start, showing performance gains this week. Beyond Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars, there are plenty of chart takeaways from the Hot 100 dated March 18, 2017.
- Ed Sheeran retains the no. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 as “Shape of You” continues to be the gift that keeps on giving.
- Bruno Mars continues to gain support for “That’s What I Like,” which stays put at no. 4, but shows gains in performance.
- The Chainsmokers continue to dominate as “Something Just Like This” (featuring Coldplay) ascends from no. 56 to no. 5. “Paris” is still on fire at no. 7.
- Kodak Black makes a sizable jump with “Tunnel Vision,” which rises from no. 27 to no. 8.
- Justin Timberlake sees “Can’t Stop The Feeling!” ascend from no. 29 to no. 13. The song previously reached no. 1.
- Marian Hill are still on the rise as “Down” moves up from no. 25 to no. 21.
- Zedd & Alessia Cara debut at no. 28 with hot new single, “Stay.”
- Calvin Harris debuts at no. 34 with “Slide,” his new single with Frank Ocean and Migos.
- “Selfish” earns top honors from HNDRXX, the second Future album of 2017. “Selfish,” featuring Rihanna, starts at no. 37. “Coming Out Strong,” featuring The Weeknd, debuts at no. 48.
- Ariana Grande is on the rise once more with “Everyday,” featuring Future. “Everyday” ascends from no. 78 to no. 58.
- Lana Del Rey takes quite a tumble as “Love” slides from no. 44 to no. 73.
- Gucci Mane and Nicki Minaj debut at no. 78 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “Make Love.”
- Florida Georgia Line debut at no. 92 with “God, Your Mama, and Me,” featuring Backstreet Boys.
- Josh Turner lands at no. 96 with “Hometown Girl.”
- Lorde takes hot new single “Green Light” to a no. 100 start.
Photo Credit: Atlantic