Hot 100 Jewels: Ed Sheeran Makes It Five Weeks at No. 1
Ed Sheeran continues to dominate the Billboard Hot 100 with “Shape of You,” which spends a fifth nonconsecutive week at no. 1.
Ed Sheeran spends a fifth nonconsecutive week atop the Billboard Hot 100. Face it, “Shape of You” is a big-time hit. Sheeran isn’t the only one with hits near the top of the Hot 100, dated March 11, 2017. Migos, Bruno Mars, and The Chainsmokers are all in on the action.
- Ed Sheeran spends a fifth, nonconsecutive week at no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with “Shape of You.” His latest single, “How Would You Feel (Paean),” starts at no. 41.
- Migos ascend from no. 3 to no. 2 with former no. 1 hit “Bad and Boujee,” though the track doesn’t see any performance gains.
- Bruno Mars is on the rise with “That’s What I Like,” which ascends from no. 7 to no. 4.
- The Chainsmokers retain their crowns as pop hit makers. “Closer” remains in the top five for another week, while “Paris” climbs from no. 11 to no. 6. “Something Just Like This,” featuring Coldplay, launches at no. 56.
- Following a no. 4 bow, Katy Perry and partner-in-crime Skip Marley see “Chained to the Rhythm” slip to no. 8.
- Kygo and Selena Gomez have a hit on their hands with “It Ain’t Me,” which ascends from no. 93 to no. 12.
- Marian Hill and left-of-center single “Down” reaches a new peak position at no. 25.
- Kodak Black debuts at no. 27 with new single, “Tunnel Vision.”
- Once more, Lady Gaga continues a descent down the charts. After “Million Reasons” reached its high watermark at no. 4, it has plummeted, this week slipping from no. 18 to no. 30.
- Rae Sremmurd are on the rise once again, this time with “Swang” (no. 57 to no. 35).
- Lana Del Rey takes “Love” to a no. 44 start.
- The highest charting Future track from his new self-titled album is “Draco,” which bows at no. 46. “Mask Off” starts just three spots down the chart at no. 49.
- Linkin Park and Kiiara debuts at no. 52 with new single, “Heavy.”
- Two weeks in, DJ Khaled sees “Shining,” featuring Beyoncé and JAY Z, rise from no. 62 to no. 57.
- Ayo & Teo are on the rise with “Rolex,” which jumps from no. 87 to no. 68.
- The Weeknd has multiple tracks on the Hot 100. “Reminder,” which recently received a music video, reenters at no. 77.
- Luke Combs jumps from no. 96 to no. 82 with “Hurricane.”
- Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood take a mighty tumble as “The Fighter” free falls from no. 53 to no. 86.
- Brett Young slips – “In Case You Didn’t Know” trends downward (no. 75 to no. 92).
- Calum Scott reenters the Billboard Hot 100 at no. 93 with “Dancing on my Own.” This marks the single’s second week on the Hot 100.
Photo Credit: Atlantic