Billboard 200 Grooves: The Weeknd (‘Starboy’) Reclaims no. 1
The Weeknd returns to no. 1 on the Billboard 200 with ‘Starboy’ during a slow sales week. The Moana Soundtrack trails Starboy at no. 2.
Weeks removed from the no. 1 bow of Starboy, The Weeknd reclaims the throne in a lackadaisical week. Right behind Starboy is the soundtrack for Moana. Both albums represent a mere 1% of the Billboard 200, dated January 21, 2017.
- The Weeknd reclaims the no. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 with Starboy. Last week, the album sat at no. 2. Interestingly, Beauty Behind the Madness ascends from no. 65 to no. 27.
- The Moana soundtrack gets a lift from no. 6 to no. 2. The album posted gains this week, unlike many albums in the top 20.
- Drake (Views) returns to the top five (no. 8 to no. 4).
- The Sing soundtrack ascends 13 spots from no. 21 to no. 8.
- The Chainsmokers sees Collage EP rise 12 spots from no. 23 to no. 11.
- Post Malone sees Stoney improve in position only (no. 25 to no. 14). The album itself didn’t post gains.
- The La La Land soundtrack ascends from no. 52 to no. 15.
- Rihanna (Anti) reenters the top 20 (no. 28 to no. 16).
- Travis Scott moves up 20 spots with Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight (no. 39 to no. 19).
- Metallica (Hardwired…to Self-Destruct) exits the top 20 (no. 13 to no. 23).
- Childish Gambino gets “back on the good foot” with “Awaken, My Love!” (no. 46 to no. 27).
- Gucci Mane sees The Return of East Atlanta Santa rise 17 spots from no. 47 to no. 30.
- George Michael (TwentyFive) slips 23 spots from no. 12 to no. 35. Likewise, Faith slips from no. 18 to no. 45.
- Yo Gotti (White Friday (CM9)) dips from no. 16 to no. 39 in its second week.
- Pentatonix (A Pentatonix Christmas) free falls from no. 1 to no. 41. This is to be expected after Christmas.
- Blake Shelton improves 34 spots with If I’m Honest (no. 76 to no. 42).
- Chance the Rapper sees Coloring Book rise 32 spots (no. 78 to no. 46).
- The Hamilton Mixtape slides 33 spots from no. 30 to no. 53.
- Run the Jewels 3 free falls from no. 35 to no. 61 in its second charting week.
- James Arthur sees Back From the Edge ascend to a new peak position (no. 159 to no. 69).
- Pink Guy debuts at no. 76 with Pink Season.
- Cole Swindell sees You Should Be Here improve 63 spots from no. 142 to no. 79.
- Frank Ocean plummets this week. Blonde falls from no. 44 to no. 86.
- DJ Khaled reenters the top 100 with Major Key (no. 122 to no. 90).
- Lukas Graham sees its self-titled debut rise 55 spots (no. 147 to no. 92).
Photo Credit: Republic