Hot 100 Jewels: The Chainsmokers Spend 12th Week at No. 1
Hot 100 Jewels: The Chainsmokers (“Closer”) spend a rare 12th week at no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
You can’t knock their hustle. Whose hustle? The hustle of The Chainsmokers, who continue to “kick ass and take names” on the Billboard Hot 100. Mega-hit “Closer” extends its mega-hit status, spending a rare 12th week atop the Billboard Hot 100. The Weeknd must be beside himself, spending another week lodged behind Andrew Taggart and Alex Pall. Beyond “Closer” and “Starboy,” there are many other stories on the Hot 100 dated November 19, 2016.
- The Chainsmokers don’t seem to be going anywhere. “Closer” (ft. Halsey) spends a 12th week at no. 1. Yes, that puts the two frat-boy DJs in elite company.
- The Weeknd may or may not earn another no. 1 hit with “Starboy” (ft. Daft Punk). Simply put, Andrew and Alex won’t budge from no. 1. No. 2 ain’t that bad though.
- DJ Snake (ft. Justin Bieber) experiences the only gains in performance within the top-five. Even so, “Let Me Love You” remains firmly planted at no. 4.
- Ariana Grande moves up to no. 6 with “Side to Side” (ft. Nicki Minaj).
- Zay Hilfigerrr & Zayion McCall continue their ascent up the top 10. “Juju on that Beat (TZ Anthem)” moves up one spot to no. 8.
- Rae Sremmurd, with the help of Gucci Mane, break into the top 10 with “Black Beatles,” up from no. 16 to no. 9.
- There’s no “Fake Love” for Drake. His new single jumps 14 spots from no. 24 to no. 10.
- Young M.A. breaks into the top 20 with unlikely hit “OOOUUU.” (no. 22 to no. 19).
- Aminé continues to make his case with “Caroline,” which rises from no. 25 to no. 21.
- Keith Urban is on the rise with “Blue Ain’t Your Color,” improving a jaw-dropping 17 spots (no. 42 to no. 25).
- Kenny Chesney sees his P!nk-assisted hit “Setting the World on Fire” jump 10 spots from no. 39 to no. 29.
- Rob $tone is not done with “Chill Bill” (ft. J. Davi$ & Spooks). It improves 5 spots from no. 40 to a new peak of no. 35.
- Florida Georgia Line continues to see “May We All” (ft. Tim McGraw) ascend, reaching no. 40 this week.
- Meek Mill debuts at no. 49 with infectious, hard-hitting single “Litty” (ft. Tory Lanez). “Froze,” “Offended,” and “On The Regular” are among other tracks from mixtape DC4 that debut on the Hot 100.
- Jon Bellion continues to rise with “All Time Low” (no. 58 to no. 53).
- Little Big Town debuts at no. 54 with new single, “Better Man.”
- Drake sees juggernaut “Two Birds, One Stone” debut at no. 73.
- Shawn Mendes sees “Mercy” slowly rise up the charts. This week, it improves three spots from no. 83 to no. 80.
- British X Factor alum James Arthur sees “Say You Won’t Let Go” improve 15 spots from no. 100 to no. 85.
- Thomas Rhett is the “Star of the Show” at no. 88. Well, maybe not…