Pros & Cons | Taylor Swift
Pros & Cons profiles the best and worst qualities of today’s musicians. Pros & Cons is simultaneously objective and subjective.
Ah, the talented country, pop superstar Taylor Swift? What could be polarizing about the Pennsylvanian who came up big-time – Kanye West diss or not? While Taylor Swift has amassed tons of success (pros), she also has her fair share of missteps and bad press (cons).
Up until an explosive feud involving “Kimye” in July 2016, few would deny that Swift is a good person. BUT, does publicity – the fame – make us question Swift’s authenticity as a human being as opposed to a mega pop star? You be the judge, with the pros and cons illustrated!
- Taylor Swift is the top-earning celebrity in the world in 2016
- Swift writes her own songs, despite her inability to read music.
- Swift and her team have excellent marketing abilities
- She writes songs about guys and her exes.
- Swift is in elite company with her two Grammy wins for Album of the Year (Fearless in 2010 and 1989 in 2016)
- She’s unafraid to challenge streaming services such as Spotify, Apple & YouTube.
- Swift is hilarious rapping to Drake & Future’s “Jumpman” while on the treadmill.
- She forgave Kanye West for “killing her vibe” during her VMA win and speech on song “Innocent” from Speak Now
- She shaded Kanye West when 1989 won album of the year, her second win in the category out of just three tries and six years.
- She co-wrote ex-boyfriend Calvin Harris/Rihanna’s hit, “This Is What You Came For”
- She’s a feminist, “of sorts“
- She posed for selfies at a kids’ hospital in Australia
- She donated $250K to Kesha, who has been embroiled in a nasty lawsuit with Dr. Luke
- Despite her many breakups and feuds, Swift has remained friends with Selena Gomez.
- During her twitter feud with Nicki Minaj (more on that later), Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran had some fun with it.