BB Grooves: Adele Spends Sixth Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200
What more can you say – Adele! It’s all about Adele. Well, it’s not “all” about Adele, but the chart is definitely top heavy thanks to her. Here are some killer grooves from the Billboard 200 dated January 16, 2016.
1. Adele continues to kill the competition, spending her sixth week atop the Billboard 200 with 25. The numbers were her least robust yet, but she still handily bested the runner-up album….
2. That runner-up album referenced in takeaway no.1? Justin Bieber’s Purpose, which has continued to rack up sales, tracks, and streams, despite being overshadowed by Adele’s juggernaut 25. Guess what Bieber sat last week on the Billboard 200? No. 2.
3. Twenty One Pilots see their Blurryface ascend from no.11 to no.3 in its 33rd week on the charts. Vessel also sees a spike in sales from no. 53 to no. 21.
4. Fetty Wap’s self-titled debut album improves 16 spots from no. 21 to no. 5. Fetty Wap has graced the charts for 14 weeks.
5. Selena Gomez sees her Revival reenter the top 10, improving from no. 15 to no. 7 in week 12.
6. Bryson Tiller’s TRAPSOUL makes a big jump from no. 33 to no. 10 in its 14th week on the charts.
7. Big things are definitely happening for Shawn Mendes, whose Handwritten rises from no. 29 to no. 11 in its 38th week on the charts.
8. G-Eazy sees a spike in the numbers – When It’s Dark Out improves from no. 28 to no. 13. Also, These Things Happen rises from no. 116 to no. 49.
9. Future’s fine DS2 album moves up 28 spots from no. 46 to no. 18 in week 24.
10. Fall Out Boy’s American Beauty / American Psycho moves up a whopping 42 spots from no. 68 to no. 26 in its 50th week on the charts.
11. Drake’s If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late also rises, improving 33 spots (no. 62 to no. 29).
12. Some newcomers saw their stock rise (or improve). Melanie Martinez’s Cry Baby improves from no. 86 to no. 35, Alessia Cara’s Know-It-All moves up from no. 69 to no. 36, while Troye Sivan’s underrated Blue Neighbourhood jumps 30 spots forward from no. 67 to no. 37.
13. Travi$ Scott sees his debut album Rodeo improve 49 spots from no. 92 to no. 43.
14. Rae Sremmurd SremmLife improves 101 spots from no. 148 to no. 47.
15. Kid Ink probably shouldn’t have released Summer In The Winter on Christmas Day. It debuts tepidly at no. 50.
16. Cam continues to tumble in week three – Untamed slips from no. 36 to no. 54.
17. Logic sees his numbers improve (for once). The Incredible True Story moves up 43 spots (no. 102 to no. 59).
18. Dreams Worth More Than Money – you better believe they are! Meek Mill’s sophomore album rises from no. 154 to no. 63.
19. Feeling “WAYYYYY UP?” You should, as Big Sean’s Dark Sky Paradise moves “WAYYYYY UP” from no. 155 to no. 69.
20. Not a great week for Pusha T as King Push falls 52 spots in only its second week!
21. Cage The Elephant’s Tell Me I’m Pretty drops 52 spots from no. 26 to no. 78 in week number two.
22. R. Kelly’s Buffet continues to bomb. This week, the set slips 50 spots (no. 38 to no. 88).
23. Ty Dolla $ign’s Free TC reenters the Billboard 200 at no. 134.
24. Monica’s Code Red flops hard, slipping from no. 27 to no. 146 – a 119 spot drop!
25. We Love Disney slips from no. 101 to no. 200.